Free Online Tutoring
Shoreline students can access free online tutoring through the college's membership in the Western eTutoring Consortium (WeTC). As of October 2016, WeTC consisted of 46 colleges and universities in six western states. Students can interact with tutors in an online chatroom, submit eQuestions (such as when they're stuck on a math problem), and submit papers to the online writing lab and expect a response within 2-48 hours.
Students can participate in online tutoring for the following subjects:
- American Sign Language
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Computer Science (Java & C++ only)
- Intro to Psychology
- Math (Developmental through Trig.)
- Microsoft Office
- Web Development (xHTML, CSS, & Adobe Dreamweaver)
- Writing for any course (Synchronous & Asynchronous)
To access eTutoring:
- Go to eTutoring.
- Click on the red Login arrow.
- Select Western eTutoring Consortium.
- Select Shoreline Community College from the pull-down menu.
- In the “Login” window choose Student and follow the directions for logging in.
Shoreline students have access to eTutoring throughout the posted dates. Access ends each quarter during finals week and is not available during quarter breaks.